- Bad debt written off decreases to 3.5cr
- The big development: (new pricing policy in India) The Department of Pharmaceuticals had devised a draft National Pharmaceutical Pricing Policy, 2011 (NPPP2011) based on the criteria of essentiality and requirements as stipulated by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare and had circulated the same among the concerned Ministries/ Stakeholders. The draft Policy envisages bringing the National List of Essential Medicines (NLEM) – 2011 and associated medicines under price control. The views/inputs received on the draft NPPP-2011 are being examined by the Ministry.
- The competitive pressure in the domestic formulations market has been rising steadily for some time now. While on one hand, this has been prompted by a significant increase in investments by other domestic players in marketing efforts through expansion in field force, on the other hand, MNC has also renewed their focus on India.
- US business: Received approvals for 19 ANDAs.
- The Company filed its first NDA application in February 2012.
- The Company has also had various opportunities of exploring opportunities with other large MNC through their in-licensing deals both for domestic as well as other emerging markets.